For courses, trips and packages provided by Borneo Dream (Borneo Dream scuba diving and snorkeling trips and courses only) the following cancellation policy will apply:
- If you cancel > 30 days from date of your trip/course/experience, we will charge the 30% non-refundable deposit (for the total package cost).
- If you cancel between 15 – 30 days from date of your trip/course/experience, we will charge 50% the total package cost.
- If you cancel within 14 – 7 days or less from the date of your trip/course/experience, we will charge 75% of the total package cost.
- If you cancel within 6 days or less from the date of your trip/course/experience, we will charge 100% of the total package cost
- If you fail to turn up for a trip (“no show”) you will still be charged the full package cost.
- We will not refund in respect of any unused services (or part) included in a package.
Our chosen Suppliers for land trips, Sabah diving packages, transport and room bookings will charge late cancellation fees in line with their own cancellation policy, and depending on the circumstances. The cancellation fees charged by them will be charged to you by Borneo Dream.
For Mount Kinabalu trip bookings (climbing Mount Kinabalu) 30% of the upfront full payment is a ‘non-refundable deposit’. The remaining 70% is fully refundable should you cancel the booking more than 60 days before the trip date.
Please note for Turtle Island bookings that Turtle Island Resort charges an extra fixed cancellation fee for cancellations. This fee is over and above what has been paid for the trip. This means if you cancel a booking at Turtle Island they will charge an extra amount which you will need to pay. We recommend you only book Turtle Island Resort if you are 100% certain you will go on the trip (including after checking your country’s FCO Travel Advice for Islands off the east coast of Sabah).
For the 4D3N Mount Trusmadi trip and the Danum Valley Field Center Tour the cancellation policy is as follows:-
- 90 – 46 days prior to arrival a 25% cancellation fee will apply
- 45 – 22 days prior to arrival a 50% cancellation fee will apply
- 21 – 0 days prior to arrival a 100% cancellation fee will apply
No partial or full refunds will be given for an uncompleted PADI course, diving or snorkelling trip with Borneo Dream. If you decide during your course/trip you do not want to continue we will offer you our ‘Unguided Snorkeling Trip’ as an alternative for the remaining part of your course/trip.
What happens if we need to change your booking:
- Although every effort will be made to operate the trips as advertised, Borneo Dream reserves the right (at our sole discretion and without penalty) to make alternative arrangements as it sees fit if caused by poor weather conditions, technical problems to vehicles, flight delay or other circumstances beyond their control necessitate.
- Where it is in the interest of tour/trip/course members that an itinerary be altered, such alterations may be made without penalty to the company.
- If a Borneo Dream Tour (snorkelling and/or scuba diving tour run by Borneo Dream) is cancelled prior to the date of departure, due to circumstances beyond our control we will refund all money paid by our booked customers.
- In the event of one of our suppliers cancelling a tour, we will make every endeavour to ensure full reimbursement but where a supplier has a policy of retaining any fees or charges we will have to defer to their policy.