PADI Referral Open Water Diver Course, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
The PADI Referral Open Water Diver Course in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, is an ideal choice if you only have two (2) days free and want to become a certified PADI Open Water Diver. The PADI Referral Open Water is easy – simply find a local PADI Dive Centre where you live and complete your five (5) confined skills, academics (5 knowledge reviews, four quizzes and a final exam) and swimming and float test before you come on holiday. Then come on holiday to complete the four open water dives with Borneo Dream across two days. Upon completing the PADI Referral Open Water course, you will be a qualified PADI Open Water Diver certified to dive to 18m with a buddy.
During your PADI Referral Course option with Borneo Dream in Kota Kinabalu, you will have two days of ‘wet activities’ and an academic refresher. All course dives are completed in the toasty tropical waters of Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park, located in front of Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
Become a certified diver in two days with the PADI Referral Open Water Diver Course in Kota Kinabalu!
It is always a good idea to inform your first dive centre who you will be completing the second part of your referral open water with so that nothing is missed. On leaving your first dive centre, you must have a copy or original of ALL your dive paperwork (especially your partially completed PADI Course Referral Form).
There are also other PADI Open Water Diver options open to you for learning to dive with Borneo Dream. If you have three (3) days free, why not consider the full PADI eLearning Open Water diver course? If you decide you’d like to complete the full course in Kota Kinabalu, then the PADI Open Water Diver Course is your best choice.
Are you ready to book your PADI Open Water Referral Course and learn to dive during your holiday in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah? Just contact the Borneo Dream Travel Centre Team so that they can check availability for you. You can also easily buy your PADI Open Water Referral Course online via our website – just ‘sign in’ above and click on ‘add to cart!
Typical Itinerary for the PADI Referral Open Water Diver Course in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
You need to meet our Dive Crew at the Red Public Telephone Booths at the entrance to Jesselton Point Jetty (in central Kota Kinabalu) at 08:45 for an 09:00 boat departure. Please ensure you arrive on time, or early, as our boats will depart on time.
Today you will complete a skills refresher as it might have been a few weeks since you completed your first part. This will be followed by two dives, one before and one after lunch.
Today will be a relaxed day as we only have a few skills and a couple of dives to complete. We will do one dive before and one dive after lunch. After that, you have completed your referral open water and will be certified as an open water diver. Isn’t the PADI Referral Open Water just great for fast results?
To join a PADI Referral Open Water Diver Course, you must be:-
- Provide a partially completed PADI Course Referral form. Your first PADI Instructor should have signed off all your academics, confined skill sessions, and swim and float tests.
- You must have completed the first part of your open water course less than 12 months from completing the referral part of the course.
- You will be required to self-certify that you are healthy to go diving before you start the course. If you answer YES to any question on the PADI Medical form, we will need to see a signed letter from your doctor saying you are healthy to dive. A copy of the latest medical form can be found here.
- Four (4) open-water dives over two days
- Free use of our rental Diving Equipment
- Lunch on diving days
- Low Instructor to Student Ratios, often lower than 1:4
- Free flow water on our boats
- Sabah Parks Conservation Fees
- A smile!
What’s not included?
- Transfers from your hotel
- Final PADI Certification – This would be provided by the first dive centre either as a paper PIC or as an electronic eLearning eCode.
- Anything not specifically mentioned.
What do I need to bring on my diving days?
- Your partially completed PADI Course Referral Form
- Swimwear – Please be ready to get wet straight away 🙂
- Suntan lotion
- Dry bag
- Money in case you want ice cream…
- A smile
Notes – PADI Referral Open Water Diver Course, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
Please note that you must have a minimum of 18 hours free after diving before flying on a plane or changing altitude > 300 metres, in line with PADI safety standards. Your last dive should finish around 15:30 on the last day of your course.