Lankayan Island Package – A Tropical Island Escape in Sabah, Borneo
A Lankayan Island Package offers visitors a beautiful tropical island escape during a holiday to Sabah, Borneo. During a Lankayan Island Package, you will stay at the only Resort located on Lankayan island – you’ll have your own tropical hideaway. Lankayan Island is part of a Marine Protected Area, and the island is covered by thick tropical vegetation, fringed by beautiful white sandy beaches and surrounded by warm, tropical waters. Located off the east coast of Sabah, Lankayan Island is an hour & a half boat transfer from Sandakan.
A Lankayan Island Package is an excellent choice for snorkelers, divers and those just wanting to chill out on a beach – you can do as much or as little as you want. Its warm waters are home to beautiful hard and soft corals and a wide variety of tropical fish life. Offering some excellent scuba diving opportunities, you’ll find in the surrounding waters pelagics, large schools of Scads, Barracudas, Jacks, and much more. The many medium to large Humphead Parrotfish schools is always exciting to encounter. On the shallower reefs, perfect for snorkelers and divers, you’ll find numerous juvenile fishes, Clown Anemone fishes, Decorator and Spider Crabs, Coral Shrimps, Nudibranchs, Prawn Gobies and such rarer subjects as Ornate Ghost Pipefish and Frogfish. Lankayan Island is a true macro world paradise.
Snorkeling, Chilling Out and Scuba Diving – Choose a Lankayan Island Package
Lankayan Island Resort offers accommodation in 19 Beach Chalets and 9 Water Chalets (from 1st April 2019). All chalet types are wooden and roomy and offer sea views. As part of a Lankayan Island Package, you have a choice to stay in chalets twin or triple-sharing basis. Each Chalet has its own private balcony overlooking the white sandy beach and turquoise-coloured ocean. Lankayan Island Resort chalets come with an en-suite bathroom, coffee and tea-making facilities, a mini-refrigerator and direct access to the beach, which is literally on your front doorstep. At Lankayan Island Resort, meals are served at the central open building, which offers a beautiful open-air wooden terrace surrounded, the ideal spot for chilling out and sipping a cold drink after dinner. During your Lankayan Island Package, you can also learn more about Turtle conservation efforts. The island is a nesting site for green and hawksbill turtles, as Turtle Islands Park is nearby. If you are lucky, you can watch as the baby turtles are released back into the sea.
Accessible from Sandakan, a stay at Lankayan Island as part of a Lankayan Island Package works perfectly after visiting the Kinabatangan River. Let us help you create the perfect itinerary, starting with wildlife encounters along the Kinabatangan River and finishing with a relaxing island getaway with a Lankayan Island Package.
Inclusions – Lankayan Island Package
A Lankayan Island package price includes the following:-
- Return road transfer from Sandakan Airport / Hotel to Pulau Sipadan Resort Jetty.
- Return boat transfers from the Pulau Sipadan Resort Jetty to Lankayan Island Resort.
- Accommodation at Lankayan Island Resort.
- Full board meals (breakfast/lunch/dinner).
- Refreshments – Tea, coffee, drinking water and cordial are served throughout the day at the restaurant.
- Snorkeling around Lankayan Island Resort – from the shore or Lankayan Dive Centre.
- Optional guided tour to Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre on the last day (guest pays own entrance fee).
- The diver package also includes three guided boat dives daily (excluding arrival and departure day), use of tank/weights/weight belt and unlimited house reef dives in front of Lankayan Dive Centre (based on a buddy system).
- 0% Sales & Service Tax on the tour price as applicable from 6th May 2019.
Exclusions – Lankayan Island Package
A Lankayan Island Package excludes the following:-
- Use of rental gear – snorkeling or dive gear. Rental gear is available at Lankayan Island Dive Centre (at a surcharge).
- Snorkel by boat is available at RM 50.00 per person (book and pay on-site, minimum booking of at least two persons).
- Flights to Sandakan.
- Single supplement if you buy a Lankayan Island Package for one person.
- Tourism Tax – currently set with a flat rate of RM 10 per room per night and charged at Lankayan Island Resort.
Notes – Scuba Diving & Snorkeling with a Lankayan Island Package
The boat transfers to and from Lankayan Island Resort are daily. The boat transfer from the jetty in Sandakan to the Resort is ~ 105 minutes (in normal sea conditions). The boat schedules for checking into and checking out of Lankayan Island Resort are as follows:
- Sandakan to Lankayan 10.00 am (Fixed Time).
- Lankayan to Sandakan 7.00 am (Fixed Time).
The Resort does not allow diving within 24 hours before your departure flight time for safety reasons.
The Lankayan Island Package prices shown are valid for bookings at Lankayan Island Resort up to 31st December 2023, staying in a Beach Chalet.
There are no reviews yet.