Terms & Conditions | Protect you and protect me
Please find below the terms and conditions that apply when booking your holiday, course or trip with Borneo Dream. These simply and clearly provide you with information on the following:
- What you need to do to secure your booking.
- When full payment is required.
- What happens if you need to cancel your booking at the last minute.
- What happens if we, in those rare circumstances, need to change a booked trip/tour/course.
What you need to know – All Borneo Dream diving courses, diving trips & safaris, “Explore Tours”, room bookings and airport transfers are sold subject to the following conditions laid out in the FAQs below.
Please provide all information requested to help us manage your reservation and booking as quickly as possible. Please book as early as possible to avoid disappointment. Late bookings, less than thirty (30) days from your arrival date, will be accepted subject to availability. All late booking requests must be accompanied by full payment.
All of our prices are quoted in RM (Ringgit Malaysia). Our quotes are valid for 30 days from date of issue. Our prices include current taxes as follows – 0% Sales & Service Tax as applicable from 6th May 2019.
- A 30% non-refundable deposit of the total booking cost is required to confirm your reservation.
- Full payment is required 30 days before arrival. Failing to do this could result in the cancellation of your reservation.
- There are a few ways to send us a payment – send a SWIFT Payment (Electronic International Bank Transfer), pay via MOLpay/NBePay (credit card), pay via PayPal or we can process your credit card locally (VISA, Mastercard, AMEX):
- Our PayPal (email@example.com) Account will only accept payments in GBP or USD.
- SWIFT Payments can only be sent in MYR, GBP or USD.
- All bank charges, credit card charges & PayPal charges for payments to Borneo Dream are to be borne by the customer.
- Please note that some of the trips we arrange with Suppliers work to different payment terms (for example, for Mount Kinabalu trips full payment is required within 5 working days of making a reservation). Were this is the case we will advise you at the reservation and booking stage.
For courses, trips and packages provided by Borneo Dream (Borneo Dream scuba diving and snorkeling trips and courses only) the following cancellation policy will apply:
- If you cancel > 30 days from date of your trip/course/experience, we will charge the 30% non-refundable deposit (for the total package cost).
- If you cancel between 15 – 30 days from date of your trip/course/experience, we will charge 50% the total package cost.
- If you cancel within 14 – 7 days or less from the date of your trip/course/experience, we will charge 75% of the total package cost.
- If you cancel within 6 days or less from the date of your trip/course/experience, we will charge 100% of the total package cost
- If you fail to turn up for a trip (“no show”) you will still be charged the full package cost.
- We will not refund in respect of any unused services (or part) included in a package.
Our chosen Suppliers for land trips, Sabah diving packages, transport and room bookings will charge late cancellation fees in line with their own cancellation policy, and depending on the circumstances. The cancellation fees charged by them will be charged to you by Borneo Dream.
For Mount Kinabalu trip bookings (climbing Mount Kinabalu) 30% of the upfront full payment is a ‘non-refundable deposit’. The remaining 70% is fully refundable should you cancel the booking more than 60 days before the trip date.
Please note for Turtle Island bookings that Turtle Island Resort charges an extra fixed cancellation fee for cancellations. This fee is over and above what has been paid for the trip. This means if you cancel a booking at Turtle Island they will charge an extra amount which you will need to pay. We recommend you only book Turtle Island Resort if you are 100% certain you will go on the trip (including after checking your country’s FCO Travel Advice for Islands off the east coast of Sabah).
For the 4D3N Mount Trusmadi trip and the Danum Valley Field Center Tour the cancellation policy is as follows:-
- 90 – 46 days prior to arrival a 25% cancellation fee will apply
- 45 – 22 days prior to arrival a 50% cancellation fee will apply
- 21 – 0 days prior to arrival a 100% cancellation fee will apply
No partial or full refunds will be given for an uncompleted PADI course, diving or snorkelling trip with Borneo Dream. If you decide during your course/trip you do not want to continue we will offer you our ‘Unguided Snorkeling Trip’ as an alternative for the remaining part of your course/trip.
What happens if we need to change your booking:
- Although every effort will be made to operate the trips as advertised, Borneo Dream reserves the right (at our sole discretion and without penalty) to make alternative arrangements as it sees fit if caused by poor weather conditions, technical problems to vehicles, flight delay or other circumstances beyond their control necessitate.
- Where it is in the interest of tour/trip/course members that an itinerary be altered, such alterations may be made without penalty to the company.
- If a Borneo Dream Tour (snorkelling and/or scuba diving tour run by Borneo Dream) is cancelled prior to the date of departure, due to circumstances beyond our control we will refund all money paid by our booked customers.
- In the event of one of our suppliers cancelling a tour, we will make every endeavour to ensure full reimbursement but where a supplier has a policy of retaining any fees or charges we will have to defer to their policy.
If you wish to re-schedule/move your adventure we will need your new dates ASAP. The dates must be in the same calendar year as the original trip. Subject to availability you will be charged RM 250.00 as a ‘Change of Booking Fee’ plus any other costs due to price increases, supplier cancellation charges or seasonal variations. This can only be done once.
We act as an agent for airline, hotel, ‘Explore Tours’ and in some cases, transport companies assume no liability in connection with their services. Borneo Dream will not be responsible for any act, omission, error or any injury, delay, irregularity, government regulations, theft or strikes over which it has no control.
Like with all great Natural Marine Parks around the globe such as the Ras Mohammed Marine Park in Egypt, The Cayman Islands, Maldives etc., the Local Governments and Authorities impose local Permit charges to all guest and visitors alike. Here in Sabah, Malaysian Borneo we have several marine parks of this type, such as Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park (TARP) just outside Kota Kinabalu (KK), one near Pulau Tiga, Turtle Islands Park and Pulau Sipadan to name but a few.
The following charges will apply to all our guests and will either be collected in advance or on the day of the activity:-
- Go Ashore (Known as the Marine Park Conservation Fee) – On any of the islands in the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park (TARP), Pulau Tiga and Turtle Islands Park it is RM 1 for Malaysians below 18 years and RM 3 for those older. For Non-Malaysians RM 6 for below 18 years and RM 10 for those older. This is per person per day.
- Scuba Diving (Known as the Diving Permit) – Within the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park (TARP), Pulau Tiga and Turtle Islands Park is RM 20.00 for Malaysians and RM 50.00 for Non-Malaysians. This is per diver per day.
- Scuba Diving Courses – Within the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park (TARP), Pulau Tiga and Turtle Islands Park is MYR 20.00 for Malaysians and MYR 50.00 for Non-Malaysians. This is per diver for the duration of the course.
If another operator says that he has included the Marine Park fees, I would ask you to request a valid “Sabah Parks” receipt on office Sabah Parks paper.