Scuba Diving & Snorkeling Packages at Lankayan Island Resort, Sabah, Malaysia
Lankayan Island is a jewel-like tiny island in the Sulu Sea, an hour & a half boat transfer's north of Sandakan, Sabah, Borneo, Malaysia. Lankayan Island Resort is an ideal destination for those who search tranquillity and relaxation and a tropical island escape. Lankayan Island is also a popular scuba diving destination in Sabah, Borneo. Its scuba diving sites - all just a few minutes away - boast colourful macro fauna, fascinating wrecks and in season from March to May, regular sightings of gigantic and harmless Whale Sharks, the " dream date " of every scuba diver in the world. Accessible from Sandakan a stay at Lankayan Island works perfectly after a visit to the Kinabatagan River.
Book with Borneo Dream for a scuba diving and snorkeling packages at discounted prices at Lankayan Island Resort!
Lankayan Island is a true Macroworld paradise. Find large stretches of beautiful hard and soft corals home to a wide variety of tropical fish life. Pelagics also abound here, from large schools of Scads, Yellow Tail Barracudas, Jacks, and many more. The many schools of medium to large Humphead Parrotfish are always exciting to encounter. Fantastic scuba diving at Lankayan, Sabah, Borneo, Malaysia. When scuba diving at Lankayan, Sabah, Borneo you'll also find numerous juvenile fishes, Clown Anemone fishes, Decorator and Spider Crabs, Coral Shrimps, Nudibranchs, Prawn Gobies and such rarer subjects as Jaw Fish, Ornate Ghost Pipefish and Frogfish.
Notes - Scuba Diving & Snorkeling Packages at Lankayan Island Resort, Sabah, Malaysia
The boat schedules for checking into and checking out of Lankayan Island Resort are as follows:
- Sandakan to Lankayan 10.00 am (Fixed Time). The recommended arrival time is before 9:00am at Sandakan Airport (SDK).
- Lankayan to Sandakan 7.00 am (Fixed Time). If you join the optional guided tour to Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre (entrance fee at your cost) on your check out day then the recommended departure flight (Sandakan - BKI) is the MH2709 (1400 / 1445hrs) with Malaysia Airlines.
The boat transfers to, and from, Lankayan Island Resort are on a daily basis. The boat transfer from the jetty in Sandakan to the Resort is ~ 105 minutes (in normal sea conditions). Whilst the boat has a front cabin area, you may get wet from sea spray during the crossing. Your luggage will be protected (stored in the cabin and wrapped in a protective plastic cover). We advise you to wear a waterproof jacket / poncho during the boat transfers (and wear clothes that you don't mid getting wet from sea spray).
A package price for a stay at Lankayan Island Resort includes the following:-
- Return road transfer from Sandakan Airport / Hotel to Pulau Sipadan Resort Jetty.
- Return boat transfers from the Pulau Sipadan Resort Jetty to Lankayan Resort.
- Accommodation at Lankayan Island Resort.
- Full board meals (breakfast / lunch / dinner). Tea, coffee, drinking water and cordial are served throughout the day at the restaurant.
- Snorkeling from the shore or Lankayan Dive Centre.
- Optional guided tour to Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre on last day (guest pays own entrance fee).
- The diver package also includes 3 guided boats dives daily (excluding arrival and departure day), use of tank / weights / weight belt and unlimited house reef dives in front of Lankayan Dive Centre (based on buddy system).
The prices shown are valid for bookings at Lankayan Island Resort from 1st June 2018 to 31st March 2019. The prices exclude the new Tourism Tax - the Tourism Tax is currently set with a flat rate of RM 10 per room per night and will be charged at Lankayan Island Resort to Non-Malaysian or Foreign tourists.
No posts found