Lankayan Island Package - A Tropical Island Escape in Sabah, Borneo
A Lankayan Island Package offers visitors a beautiful tropical island escape during a holiday to Sabah, Borneo. During a Lankayan Island Package you will stay at the only Resort located on Lankayan island - you'll have your own tropical hideaway. Lankayan Island is part of a Marine Protected Area and the island is covered by thick tropical vegetation, fringed by beautiful white sandy beaches and surrounded by warm, tropical waters. Located off the east coast of Sabah, Lankayan Island is an hour & a half boat transfer's from Sandakan.
A Lankayan Island Package is a great choice for snorkelers, divers and those just wanting to chill out on a beach - you can do as much, or as little as you want. It's warm waters are home to beautiful hard and soft corals and a wide variety of tropical fish life. Offering some great scuba diving opportunities you'll find in the surrounding waters pelagics, large schools of Scads, Barracudas, Jacks, and much more. The many schools of medium to large Humphead Parrotfish are always exciting to encounter. On the shallower reefs, perfect for snorkelers and divers, you'll find numerous juvenile fishes, Clown Anemone fishes, Decorator and Spider Crabs, Coral Shrimps, Nudibranchs, Prawn Gobies and such rarer subjects as Ornate Ghost Pipefish and Frogfish. Lankayan Island is a true macro world paradise.
Lankayan Island Resort - Perfect for Snorkeling, Chilling Out and Scuba Diving
Lankayan Island Resort offers accommodation in 23 wooden, roomy and perfectly appointed seafront chalets. As part of a Lankayan Island Package you have a choice to stay in chalets twin or triple sharing basis. Each Chalet has its own private balcony overlooking the white sandy beach and turquoise colored ocean. Lankayan Island Resort chalets come with ensuite bathroom, coffee and tea making facilities, mini refrigerator and direct access to the beach which is literally on your front door step. At Lankayan Island Resort meals are served at the central open building which offers a beautiful open-air wooden terrace surrounded, the ideal spot for chilling out sipping a cold drink after dinner. During your Lankayan Island Package you can also learn more about Turtle conservation efforts as the island is a nesting site for green and hawksbill turtles as Turtle Islands Park is located nearby. If you are lucky, you can watch as the baby turtles are released back into the sea.
Accessible from Sandakan a stay at Lankayan Island as part of a Lankayan Island Package works perfectly after a visit to the Kinabatagan River. Why not let us help you create the perfect itinerary starting with wildlife encounters along the Kinabatangan River, and finishing with a relaxing island getaway with a Lankayan Island Package.
Inclusions - Lankayan Island Package
A Lankayan Island package price includes the following:-
- Return road transfer from Sandakan Airport / Hotel to Pulau Sipadan Resort Jetty.
- Return boat transfers from the Pulau Sipadan Resort Jetty to Lankayan Island Resort.
- Accommodation at Lankayan Island Resort.
- Full board meals (breakfast / lunch / dinner).
- Refreshments - Tea, coffee, drinking water and cordial are served throughout the day at the restaurant.
- Snorkeling around Lankayan Island Resort - from the shore or Lankayan Dive Centre.
- Optional guided tour to Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre on last day (guest pays own entrance fee).
- The diver package also includes 3 guided boats dives daily (excluding arrival and departure day), use of tank / weights / weight belt and unlimited house reef dives in front of Lankayan Dive Centre (based on buddy system).
- 6% Sales & Service Tax as applicable.
Exclusions - Lankayan Island Package
A Lankayan Island Package excludes the following:-
- Use of rental gear - snorkeling or dive gear. Rental Gear is available at Lankayan Island Dive Centre (at a surcharge).
- Snorkel by boat is available at RM 50.00 per person (book and pay on site, minimum booking at least 2 persons).
- Flights to Sandakan.
- Single supplement if you buy a Lankayan Island Package for one person.
- Tourism Tax - currently set with a flat rate of RM 10 per room per night and will be charged at Lankayan Island Resort.
Notes - Scuba Diving & Snorkeling with a Lankayan Island Package
The boat transfers to, and from, Lankayan Island Resort are on a daily basis. The boat transfer from the jetty in Sandakan to the Resort is ~ 105 minutes (in normal sea conditions). The boat schedules for checking into and checking out of Lankayan Island Resort are as follows:
- Sandakan to Lankayan 10.00 am (Fixed Time).
- Lankayan to Sandakan 7.00 am (Fixed Time).
For safety reasons the Resort does not allowing diving within 24 hours prior to your departure flight time.
The Lankayan Island Package prices shown are valid for bookings at Lankayan Island Resort from 1st September 2018 to 31st March 2019.
No posts found