Keeping You Safe
Our Safety Standards - Keeping You Safe During Your Borneo Adventure
At Borneo Dream we help our customers create their perfect holiday or school expedition to Sabah, Borneo. Our activities and tours are selected to offer our customers the best experience whilst prioritising their safety throughout. At Borneo Dream we use robust safety systems so you can have peace of mind your safety matters to us and we are there to support you when you need it.
Travelling the world on an adventure holiday or school expedition will take you to new destinations, new environments and often have trying out new experiences. Using our expertise and local knowledge we ensure our tours & activities offer a safe experience through using a range of robust safety practices including:-
Activities you join will have been fully risk assessed and actions are put in place to help keep you safe.
- As a 5* PADI Dive Centre we follow PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors ) safety standards for all our in-house conducted PADI activities and often exceed them (with small group sizes per PADI Instructor). We will select dive and snorkel sites that offer a safe environment for the activity being conducted. Our in-house Dive Crew are all PADI Professionals in Active Teaching Status with PADI.
- All activities will be guided by our expert, qualified Guides and Instructors.
- At the start of each adventure activity (e.g. rafting, scuba diving etc.) you will receive a full safety briefing from your Expert, licensed Guide. This will help you be aware of the safety practices you need to follow to keep yourself safe.
- We use Transport providers who provide vehicles for transfers that meet all required in-country safety standards, are well maintained and provide a comfortable journey.
"Their knowledge of the area and activities our students could do was excellent as was the detailed Risk Assessment document they drafted for us. The itinerary we finally went with was perfectly tailored to the abilities of our students and maximized the time we had in Borneo." Teacher, International School in Kuala Lumpur
School Expedition Support
At Borneo Dream we are dedicated to giving students the best experience whilst prioritising their safety throughout. Being located in Borneo we are in an ideal position to offer a high level of safety and support during school and group expeditions to Borneo. Alongside our safety practices in place for the activities the students will be joining, we have additional safety practices in place for school expeditions with Borneo Dream. Parents, and Teachers, can rest assured the students safety and personal development are our two main priorities.
- All of our school expeditions will be led by an experienced expedition / group leader who will play a lead role in keeping your expedition safe and successful. Your Borneo Dream group leader will manage the safety of your team whilst coordinating the day-to-day logistics of the school or group expedition.
- We offer 24 hour Emergency Support for school groups when in-country. If an incident happens during your expedition we are there to provide on the ground, 24 hour, support. Expert help, who understand the local environment, are there when you need it.
- Teachers can also rest assured that expert support is on hand throughout both the planning stage for your school expedition to Borneo. You will have a dedicated point of contact in Borneo Dream during the planning stage as we help schools create their perfect itinerary for their school trip to Borneo and prepare Students for adventure of a lifetime.
"Our trip leader Bob was outstanding. He has a wealth of experience working outdoors and with students and was able to motivate students to try new things and really push themselves. The activities pushed the students and really challenged them, while always being safe and enjoyable." Teacher, International School in Hong Kong
Choose Borneo Dream for a safe, enjoyably and highly memorable adventure of a lifetime in Borneo.