PADI Referral Open Water Diver Course, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
The PADI Referral Open Water Diver Course in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah is an ideal choice if you only have two (2) days free and you want to become a certified PADI Open Water Diver. The PADI Referral Open Water is easy - simply find a local PADI Dive Centre where you live and complete your five (5) confined skills, academics (5 knowledge reviews, 4 quizzes and a final exam) and swimming and float test before you come on holiday. Then come on holiday to complete the four open water dives with Borneo Dream across two days. Upon completing the PADI Referral Open Water course you will be a qualified a PADI Open Water Diver certified to dive to 18m with a buddy.
During your PADI Referral Course option with Borneo Dream
in Kota Kinabalu you will 2 days of 'wet activities' and an academic
refresher. All course dives are completed in the toasty tropical waters of
Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park located in front of Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
Become a certified diver in two days with the PADI Referral Open Water Diver Course in Kota Kinabalu!
It is always a good idea to inform your first dive centre
who you will be completing the second part or your referral open water with, so
that nothing is missed. On leaving your first dive centre it is very important
that you have a copy or original of ALL you dive paperwork (especially your
partially completed PADI Course Referral Form).
There are also other PADI Open Water Diver options open
to you for learning to dive with Borneo Dream. If you have three (3) days free
then why not consider the full
PADI eLearning Open Water diver course. If you decide you'd like to
complete the full course in Kota Kinabalu then the PADI Open Water Diver Course is your best choice.
Are you ready to book your PADI Open Water Referral
Course and learn to dive during your holiday in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah? Just contact the
Borneo Dream Travel Centre Team so that they can check availability for you.
You can also easily buy your PADI Open Water Referral Course on-line via our
web site - just 'sign in' above and then click on 'add to cart'!
Typical Itinerary for the PADI Referral Open Water Diver Course in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
You need to meet our Dive Crew at the Red Public Telephone Booths at the entrance to Jesselton Point Jetty (in central Kota Kinabalu) at 8:45am, for a 8:50am boat departure. Please ensure you arrive on time, or early, as our boats will depart on time.
Today you will complete a skills refresher as a it might
have been a few weeks since you completed your first part. This will be
followed by two dives, one before and one after lunch.
Today will be a relaxed day as we only have a few skills
and a couple of dives to complete. We will do one dive before and one dive
after lunch. After that, you have completed your referral open water and will
be certified an open water diver. Isn't the PADI Referral Open Water just great
for fast results?
To join a PADI Referral Open Water Diver Course you must be:-
- Provide a partially completed PADI Course Referral form. Your first PADI Instructor should have signed off all your academics, confined skill sessions, swim and float test.
- You must have completed the first part of your open water course less than 12 months from completing the referral part of the course.
- You will be required to self certify you are healthy to go diving before you start the course. If you will answer YES to any question on the PADI Medical form we will need to see a signed letter from your doctor saying you are healthy to dive.
- Four (4) open water dives over two days
- PADI Certification (PIC) and Log Book
- Free use of our rental Diving Equipment
- Lunch on diving days
- Low Instructor to Student Ratios, often lower than 1:4
- Free flow water on our boats
- Instruction in English, Malay or Chinese
- 6% Sales & Service Tax on the tour price as applicable from 1st March 2019.
- A smile!
What’s not included?
- Sabah Parks Diving Permit (RM 20.00 Malaysian RM 50.00 Non Malaysian).
- Transfers from your hotel
What do I need to bring on my diving days?
- Your partially completed PADI Course Referral Form
- Swim wear - Please be ready to get wet straight away :-)
- Sun tan lotion
- Dry bag
- Money in case you want an ice cream...
- A smile
Notes - PADI Referral Open Water Diver Course, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
Please note that you need to have minimum 18 hours free after diving before flying on a plane, or changing altitude > 300 metres, in line with PADI safety standards.