PADI Enriched Air Diver Speciality Course in Kota Kinabalu
Are you interested in learning to dive on Nitrox? Do you want to diver for longer during your dives, safely? Then the PADI Enriched Air Diver Course, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah is a half day 'dry' course which upon successful completion allows you to dive recreationally using enriched air, or Nitrox (unto 40% oxygen). This course is aimed at certified PADI Open Water Divers or above who want to extend the bottom time of their dives.
You can choose to combine the PADI Enriched Air Diver course with one of our 2 dive diving trip to Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park. If you book the course with a diving trip then we offer a discounted PADI Enriched Air Diver course price (which is added to the diving trip price). For this option all pre-study needs to be completed in advance of your diving trip.
Learn to Dive on Nitrox with the PADI Enriched Air Diver Course, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
The PADI Enriched Air Diver Speciality course, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah with Borneo Dream will introduce you to the basic theory of enriched air dives and the practical considerations of its use, the planning of dives and the use of the Enriched air dive tables and Equivalent Air Depth tables. The PADI Enriched Air Speciality course, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah includes:
- Two knowledge development sessions covering enriched air dive planning, care for equipment, hazard management, use and application of enriched air and procedures for obtaining enriched air.
- Practical application consists of using an oxygen analyzer to determine oxygen content in an enriched air blend, verification of cylinder content and use of fill log.
You could also combine the PADI Enriched Air Diver Course with our PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course if you have two days free for scuba diving in Kota Kinabalu and you wish to achieve two certifications - to dive on Nitrox and to dive up to 30 metres.
Book your PADI Enriched Air Diver Course with Borneo Dream during your holiday in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah!
Typical Itinerary for the PADI Enriched Air Diver Course in Kota Kinabalu (Combined with a Diving Trip)
As with all PADI Courses there is some pre-study. You will need to read the PADI Enriched Air Diver Manual, and complete all the chapter knowledge reviews, before starting your PADI Enriched Air Diver Course.
You will meet our Dive crew at 8:45am at Jesselton Point Jetty in central Kota Kinabalu. Please refer to your Booking Email for your meeting location arrangements. Please beware our boats will depart on time and should miss your collection you will need to contact our office on +60178118149 immediately.
Today you will complete the two guided leisure dives in our local marine park, with lunch on a tropical island. Before your morning dive you will receive a full briefing about diving with Nitrox, and you'll learn how to check the oxygen percentage in your cylinder. During the lunch break your PADI Instructor will go through your completed Knowledge Reviews and you will complete the PADI Enriched Air Course exam. After lunch you will join a secon guided dive (diving on Nitrox). You will be dropped back at Jesselton Point Jetty in centra Kota Kinabalu around 4pm.
PADI Course Pre-Requisites
- You are a certified PADI Open Water Diver (or equivalent) and minimum 12 years or older.
- Be in good health to go scuba diving. If you are on any medication you should consult your doctor before signing up.
- PADI Enriched Air Diver Manual and Certification
- Instruction in English, Malay or Chinese
- 6% Sales & Service Tax on the tour price as applicable from 1st March 2019
When combined with a Diving Trip the following are also included:-
- Two guided boat dives in Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park
- 2 x cylinders filled with Enriched Air EANx32
- Free use of our rental dive gear (mask, snorkel, full foot fins, BCD, 3mm shorty tropical wetsuit, regulator and gauges)
- Lunch (choose from a choice of local dishes)
- Small groups with a low Instructor to Student ratio, often lower than 1:4
- Free flow water on our boats
- Boat transfers from Jesselton Point Jetty in central Kota Kinabalu (and Jesselton Point jetty fee)
What's not included?
- Sabah Parks Diving Permit - RM 21.20 Malaysian RM 53.00 Non Malaysian
- Collection from your hotel
PADI Liability Forms and a PADI Medical Form must be signed by the participant before the PADI Course starts. You need to have minimum 18 hours free after diving before flying on a plane, or changing altitude > 300 metres, in line with PADI safety standards.
Any participant under 18 years is supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.