PADI Bubblemaker Program, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Do your children want to have a go at scuba diving in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Borneo, Malaysia? Then the PADI Bubblemaker course offered by Borneo Dream could be what you are looking for. The PADI Bubblemaker programme is aimed at children from 8 - 9 years of age. The programme takes part as part of a day trip to Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park from Kota Kinabalu.
The purpose of the PADI Bubblemaker programme with Borneo Dream is to give children a first hand taste and experience of scuba diving and the underwater world. This PADI Bubblemaker course can then lead onto other PADI programmes and courses such as the PADI Seal Team, PADI Discover Scuba Diving and PADI Junior Open Water Diver Courses. Cool!
A small taster or Try-Dive session for the small family member - PADI Bubblemaker Program, Kota Kinabalu
The children will be kitted out in full scuba equipment (cylinder, regulators, BCD or jacket, mask, snorkel and fins etc.). The activity will take place in "confined like water conditions", such as along a protected shallow coral reef, to a maximum depth of 2m in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Borneo, Malaysia.
The PADI Bubblemaker programme also makes a great Birthday Party activity, so your children and their friends can all experience the underwater world together - let us know if you have any special requirements that would help to make the day extra special and we can work with you to tailor the experience.
Trip Itinerary - PADU Bubblemaker Try Dive Experience, Kota Kinabalu
8:45am - meet our Dive Crew a the entrance to Jesselton Point Jetty (wait near the red telephone boxes on the left hand side as you enter Jesselton Jetty). Our Dive Crew will escort you to our dive boat for a 9:00am boat departure. You will enjoy a ~ 20 - 30 minute boat transfer to your morning dive site in Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park.
9:30am - Receive a full safety briefing provided by your PADI Instructor for your PADI Bubblemaker Experience.
10:00am - You'll be helped into your dive gear. You are now ready to start your morning scuba diving training session! During the morning training session you will first complete a short training session in shallow water from Sapi beach to get your child comfortable breathing underwater. Your PADI Instructor then take your child dive from the beach out along the shallow reef so they can safely experience diving for the first time. The duration of this dive is based upon air consumption (how quickly you breath the air in your cylinder), but usually your morning dive will be between 25 to 40 minutes.
11:30am - 12 noon - Back on our boat and chance to shower. You'll be transferred to Padang Point for a tasty lunch.
~1:30pm - Back on to our dive boat. Your PADI Instructor will provide a dive briefing for the afternoon dive. Let's go diving again!
2:00pm - Start your afternoon dive along a shallow coral reef guided by your PADI Instructor. The dive can last anywhere from 30 - 50 minutes.
3:00pm - Back on our boat after you finish your dive. Take your dive gear off, chance to shower and change.
~ 3:30pm - Transferred back to Jesselton Point Jetty. We hope you had an amazing time during your PADI Bubblemaker Experience!
Pre-requisites - PADI Bubblemaker Experience
To complete a PADI Bubblemaker Experience your child must be:
- Aged 8 - 9 years. We will need children under 18 years to be supervised by a parent or guardian during their Bubblemaker Experience.
- Be fit and in good health to go scuba diving. You will be required to self certify your child is healthy to go scuba diving via a PADI Medical Form.
- Have basic swimming skills and be comfortable in water too deep to stand up in.
- Use if our rental dive gear (including 3mm shorty wet suit).
- 1 x confined skills diving training session.
- 2 x open water course dives (one from the beach, one from our boat).
- Low Instructor to Student Ratios, often lower than 1:3. To ensure your children / child has a safe, and enjoyable, scuba diving lesson they will be supervised by a PADI Instructor that will be with them at all times throughout the days activity.
- Free flow water on our boats.
- Instruction in English, Malay or Chinese.
- A smile :-)
What's not included?
- Sabah Parks Diving Permit paid once per course (MYR 20.00 Malaysian MYR 50.00 Non Malaysian)
- Collection from your hotel, as most hotels in Kota Kinabalu it is easier to walk and often quicker than a taxi.
What do I need to bring on my PADI Bubblemaker Experience in Kota Kinabalu?
- Swim wear - Please be ready to get wet straight away :-)
- Sun tan lotion
- Any personal items
- Money in case you want an ice cream...
- A smile
Any participant under 18 years is supervised by a parent or guardian at all times - as a Parent you can join your child diving with them during their PADI Bubblemaker Experience which provides the opportunity for you to see your child experiencing diving for the first time.
Their parent or guardian will be asked to sign a Bubblemaker Statement before entering the water. You need to have minimum 18 hours free after diving before flying on a plane, or changing altitude > 300 metres, in line with PADI safety standards.
No posts found