PADI Boat Diver Speciality Course, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
The PADI Boat Diver Speciality course with Borneo Dream in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah covers the knowledge and techniques of boat diving. During this course you will cover the following areas:-
- The planning, organisation, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of boat diving.
- Proper boat diving etiquette storage of personal equipment, personal conduct and considerations for care of the boat.
- Basic, common boat terminology.
- Specific boat diving laws and/or ordinances.
- Local boat diving laws and/or ordinances.
- Overview of emergency/safety equipment needed on-board private diving vessels.
The normal duration for PADI Boat Diver Speciality course is one (1) day and includes two (2) ocean dives with time being equally divided between knowledge development and actual water-training sessions. The course takes place in the safe training conditions of Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park near Kota Kinabalu.
Are you ready? PADI Boat Diver Speciality Course in Kota Kinabalu
If you have already dived a few times from a boat and you're comfortable with how to safely exit and enter a boat before and after dive then why not consider developing your scuba diving skills in other areas? If you want to to be able to better able to take better quality photos underwater you could consider the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Course, or if you want to be able to dive deeper safely you could check out our combo special for our PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course and PADI Deep Diver Course.
PADI Course Itinerary - PADI Boat Diver in Kota Kinabalu
You will meet our Dive crew at 8:45am at Jesselton Point Jetty in central Kota Kinabalu. Please refer to your Booking Email for your meeting location arrangements. Please beware our boats will depart on time and should miss your collection you will need to contact our office on +60178118149 immediately.
Today you will complete the two course dives in our local marine park, with lunch on a tropical island. There will be one course dive in the morning and one course dive after lunch. You will be dropped back at Jesselton Point Jetty in centra Kota Kinabalu around 4pm.
PADI Course Pre-Requisites
The minimum age for the PADI Boat Diver Speciality course is 10 years with a certification of at least PADI Open Water Diver or similar.
You need to be in good health to go scuba diving. If you are on any medication you should consult your doctor before signing up.
- PADI Certification (upon successfully completing the course)
- Two open water course dives
- Free use of our rental dive gear (mask, snorkel, full foot fins, BCD, 3mm shorty tropical wetsuit, regulator and gauges)
- Lunch (choose from a choice of local dishes)
- Small groups with a low Instructor to Student ratio, often lower than 1:4
- Free flow water on our boats
- Instruction in English, Malay or Chinese
- Boat transfers from Jesselton Point Jetty in central Kota Kinabalu (and Jesselton Point jetty fee)
What's not included?
- Sabah Parks Diving Permit - RM 21.20 Malaysian RM 53.00 Non Malaysian
- Collection from your hotel
What do I need to bring during my PADI Course?
- Swim wear - Please be ready to get wet straight away :-)
- Sun tan lotion
- Any personal items
- Money in case you want an ice cream...
- A smile
Notes - PADI Boat Diver Course
PADI Liability Forms and a PADI Medical Form must be signed by the participant before the PADI Course starts. You need to have minimum 18 hours free after diving before flying on a plane, or changing altitude > 300 metres, in line with PADI safety standards.
Any participant under 18 years is supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
No posts found