Mount Kinabalu Climb Package via Timpohan Gate (3 Day)
The 3D2N Mount Kinabalu Climb Package via Timpohan Gate tour is a perfect choice for first timers who wish to enjoy the trip without over tiring themselves. An extra nights stay is an ideal way to acclimatise and recuperate before the big climb. Join us and convert your monotonous holiday trip to a memorable one by taking it into a whole new level.
Mount Kinabalu Climb Via Timpohon is a traditional route chosen by most climbers. During this 3D2N mount Kinabalu climb trip you will stay overnight the first night in a Lodge in Kinabalu Park Headquarters. On the second night you will stay in an unheated dorm in Panar Laban Hut. On day 2 wake up early to trek to the summit, Low's Peak. At the summit - Low's Peak - you will have breath taking views across the Crocker Mountain Range. Make your holiday to Sabah, Borneo a truly memorable on and Mount Kinabalu Climb!
If you are looking for an alternative, less crowded, mountain to climb during your holiday in Sabah, Borneo then check out our trekking options for climbing Mount Trusmadi.
Trip Itinerary - 3D2N Mount Kinabalu Climb Package via Timpohan Gate
The outline itinerary below is based upon booking the optional return transfers from Kota Kinabalu with the 3D2N Mount Kinabalu Climb Package via Timpohan Gate package.
Day 1 (Meals: D)
You will be collected from your hotel in central Kota Kinabalu and transferred by minibus to Kinabalu National Park. The journey that will take approximately 2 hours as you drive north from Kota Kinabalu before travelling over the Crocker Range mountain range. There'll be a brief stop at Nabalu Market on the way for a toilet stop and a chance to buy fruits.
Upon arrival at Kinabalu Park Headquarters you will pre-check in at Kinabalu Park's office to register for your climb starting the next day. You'll then be transferred to Kinabalu Park Lodge and check in to your dorm (unheated dorm). You are then free for the rest of the day. You may visit the Botanical Garden (small entrance fee) or just relax at the lodge.
Dinner and overnight at the lodge.
Are you ready for your Mount Kinabalu Climb with Borneo Dream?
Day 2 (Meals: B,PL and D)
Wake up for breakfast and gather at the Park Office to meet up with your mountain guide. The real adventure begins as you are transferred to Timpohon Gate by coach for the start of your 2 day climb of Mount Kinabalu. Depending on individual fitness level, the trekking takes between 5 - 8 hours. The rest of today follows the same itinerary as day 1 of the 2D1N Mount Kinabalu Climb Package via Timpohan Gate.
Overnight at Laban Rata Hut for the early morning ascent.
Day 3 (Meals: B and L)
Today follows the same itinerary as day 2 of the 2D1N Mount Kinabalu Climb Package via Timpohan Gate.
It's an early start today! At around 02:00hrs you will wake up and have supper before continuing your ascent towards Low's Peak summit. Take your headlight / torch as it will be dark during your ascent. The climb to Low's Peak Summit takes about three hours and you will be well rewarded with breath-taking views of the sunrise along the horizon over the Crocker Mountain Range (weather permitting).
Once you have trekked back down to Timpohon Gate you will return to the Park Headquarters to collect your certificate. Enjoy a nice lunch at a restaurant within Kinabalu Park National Park.
Depart for Kota Kinabalu city / hotel.
Trip Pre-requisites for Mount Kinabalu Climb via Timpohan Gate
- You need to be between 10 years - 70 years old and > 1.3m to participate in Climbing Mount Kinabalu.
- All of the Mount Kinabalu trips are physically demanding - it is recommended you see your Doctor before you come on holiday to check you are healthy to complete the Mount Kinabalu Climb.
- It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommended that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart Disease, Severe Anaemia, Peptic Ulcers, Epileptic Fits, Obesity (Overweight), Chronic Asthma, Muscular Cramps, Hepatitis (Jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climber.
All tours are subject to weather conditions and may be amended without notice for safety reasons.
01 Night accommodation at Kinabalu Park Lodge, 01 night accommodation in basic accommodation at Laban Rata's mountain huts or similar dormitory (sleep in a shared, unheated dormitory), meals as stated above, conservation fee, Climbing Permit, insurance and certificate, Mountain Guide (who is registered under the jurisdiction of Sabah Parks Authority is compulsory for all mountain trekkers / climber) and 6% Sales & Service Tax on the tour price as applicable from 1st March 2019. Please note that the majority of the Sabah Parks Mountain Guides can only converse in Basic English.
Porters (on request at surcharge) – for carrying your rucksack, personal expenditure, drinks, travel insurance, meals not specified, private rooms are available on request at a surcharge (subject to availability). A Licensed English Speaking Guide is available on request at a surcharge. The new Tourism Tax which is currently set with a flat rate of RM 10 per per bed/room/lodge per night and will be charged to Non-Malaysian or Foreign tourists. You will pay this tax on check in at Laban Rata.
Recommended Packing List For The Trip
- First on the list: An adventurous spirit!
- Clothes: raincoat or waterproof jacket, warm clothing like fleece jacket, hiking pants, change of clothes for sleeping.
Protective Gear: Cap / beanie / head scarf (to keep warm at night and in the early morning), gloves, sunglasses, sun block and SPF lip balm, rain cover for your backpack, comfortable covered trail / hiking shoes. To be comfortable, and safe, during our climb Mount Kinabalu activity you are recommended to wear shoes (with a good grip) such as the following:- Hiking Boots, Walking Shoes, Trekking Shoes, Sneakers / Running shoes with laces.
- Useful & Practical Extras: small / lightweight towel, personal toiletries, refillable water bottle, torchlight (preferably a head torch), camera, energy snacks such as chocolate, nuts, biscuits, sweets or energy bars,a small backpack to contain your things.
The trip prices are valid for trips up to 31st March 2019.
For the shared return transfer option you are booking seat(s) on a minibus return transfer which is shared with other Climbers who will be in your group. Please note the following for your return shared transfer:-
- As the descending time is dependant upon individual fitness level, and the trip each climber has booked, it is likely that Climbers on the shared transfer will reach Kinabalu Park Headquarters at different times. The return scheduled transfer back to Kota Kinabalu will depart latest at 1700hrs (the cut off time).
- If you arrive after 17:00hrs at Kinabalu Park Headquarters (after the cut off time) you will have to take a Private Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu at an additional fee of RM200 per vehicle. If you arrive early & would like to be transferred back to Kota Kinabalu earlier you will have to take take a Private Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu at an additional fee of RM200 per vehicle.
What are you waiting for, book your Mount Kinabalu Climb Package via Timpohan Gate Today!
No posts found