Dive Sipadan - Seaventures Dive Rig Resort, Mabul, Borneo, Malaysia
So you want to Dive Sipadan? Seaventures Dive Rig Resort is a converted Oil Platform 'Jack-Up' located 26km south from the nearest port of Semporna in Sabah, Malaysia. Just 1km away from the white sandy beaches of Mabul (renowned for great macro and muck diving), 5km from Kapalai Island with its sunken wrecks and artificial reefs and about 9km north of Sipadan Island which was honoured and recognised as one of the best diving destinations in the world.
The resort offers comfortable basic rooms, scrumptious meals to satisfy your appetite after a long day of diving and unlimited dives. It is an excellent choice for divers wanting to spend as much time diving as possible - and quality of accommodation is not as important.
Staying at this dive Sipadan resort offers a very unique experience. Perched in the heart of the wonders and beauty of some of the wolds best diving experiences. Join the few and dive the great and famous Sipadan and discover the splenders of it's dive sites.
Book minimum a 3 night stay* at Seaventures Dive Rig and get a guaranteed day at Sipadan
*Book minimum a 3 night stay or longer in a Standard Twin-Share room diver package at Seaventures Dive Rig Resort and get a guaranteed one day permit for Sipadan. The price for Sipadan Permit fee is MYR140 per person effective from 14th Aug 2018. Everyone wishing to dive Sipadan must obtain a permit, and only 176 permits are issued each day. Priority is generally given to divers who stay the longest at the resort and who book the earliest.
Enjoy fantastic muck diving under Seaventures Dive Rig platform – House Reef. Home to numerous Giant Frogfish, Pygmy Seahorse, Ghost Pipefish, Nudibranches, Moray Eels, Scorpian Fish and resident shoals of Bat Fish. You will be tempted to dive longer and wish you could stay under the sea so much beauty and peace.
Extra information can be found on our main website regarding Dive Sipadan at Seaventures Dive Rig, Mabul, Borneo, Malaysia. Always remember to check with Borneo Dream for availability prior to purchasing as this will avoid disappointment.
Typical Itinerary - 5 days / 4 nights Diver Package at Seaventures Dive Rig Resort
Day 1: Arrival to Seaventures Dive Rig (lunch/dinner)
Pick up from Tawau Hotel or Tawau Airport. Transferred to Semporna town for check- in and registration at Seaventures' Sales Office in Semporna. From Semporna jetty, you will be taken to the rig. The boat journey takes approximately 45 minutes, depending on the weather and sea conditions. Check in into your room followed by dive briefing by the dive centre crew. Join your orientation dive underneath Seaventures rig. Important note: no diving for arrival after 1600hrs
Day 2 - 4: At Seaventures Dive Rig (breakfast/lunch/dinner)
Join 3 boat dives each day between Mabul or Kapalai or Sipadan. Please note diving in Sipadan is subject to permit availability and approval from Sabah Parks management. Enjoy unlimited house reef diving with your dive buddy underneath Seaventures Rig.
Day 5: Departure (breakfast/lunch)
Time to say goodbye to Seaventures Rig. Join your scheduled boat transfer from the Resort in line with your flight departure time from Tawau Airport. Please note for guests not flying on their departure day they can join a maximum of 2 boat dives on departure day.
Diver package prices (staying in a Standard Room) at Seaventures Dive Rig include the following:
- Return land transfer from Tawau Airport to Semporna Jetty.
- Return boat transfer from Semporna Jetty to Seaventures Dive Rig.
- Buffet style full board meals. Free flow drinking water, tea and coffee served all day.
- Air conditioned en-suite cabin with hot shower.
- Three daily boat dives per day between Mabul, Kapalai and Sipadan, except on arrival and departure day. Sipadan diving is subject to permit approval. Unlimited house reef diving with buddy system (subject to safety intervals).
- Tanks, weights and weight belt are provided for divers.
For the Dormitory room packages at Seaventures Dive Rig please note the following:-
- The minimum stay is two nights. The dormitory room is based on quad share basis using common bathroom facilities.
- No Sipadan permit is guaranteed for a dormitory stay. Sipadan Dive Trip is at MYR 500.00 (plus Goods & Services Tax) per day/per diver and is subject to availability. This trip price excludes dive gear.
Ready to book your Dive Sipadan - Seaventures Dive Rig?
- Check availability or request additional Seaventures Dive Rig information - Contact Us
- Prices shown are valid for trips up to 31st March 2021 and include 0% Sales & Service Tax on the tour price as is currently applicable on tours.
- Get ready for your Dive Sipadan - Seaventures Dive Rig adventure!