Mount Kinabalu Climb via Ferrata - Walk the Torq / Low's Peak Circuit (3 Day)
Climb Mount Kinabalu in Malaysian Borneo - The majestic Mount Kinabalu is 13,435 feet (4095 meters) above sea level, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Enjoy climbing South East Asia’s highest mountain and experience breathtaking view of the sunrise from above the clouds. This a fantastic experience is is suitable for all those healthy and willing to break out in a bit of sweat.
An avid hiker or someone who is just completing the bucket wish list? Come climb with us! Mount Kinabalu Climb Via Ferrata – Walk the Torq or Low Peak Circuit is intended for anyone who is able to scale Mount Kinabalu and wishes to take the experience to an even greater level. Mount Kinabalu Climb via Ferrata is an alternative route to experience Mount Kinabalu. Equipped with one of the world’s highest suspension bridge at ~3,600m. Possibly the world’s highest Nepalese bridge at 3,580m that connects to Walk the Torq route. Experience the 2D1N via Ferrata excitement of hiking within a safe and controlled environment. With a proper system of routes, devices and an experienced trainer to safely guide you.
Climb Mount Kinabalu Climb via Ferrata Walk the Torq / Low Peak Circuit.
Enjoy climbing South East Asia’s highest mountain with the added adventure of completing a ‘via Ferrata’ section near the summit of Mount Kinabalu (Walk the Torq or Low’s Peak Circuit). If you are interested in the Climb Mount Kinabalu via Ferrata trips then you need to choose the Mount Kinabalu via Ferrata activity that best meets your needs and fitness level.
- Climb Mount Kinabalu via Ferrata - Walk the Torq Activity.
- Highlights include: walk across the Monkey Bridge, zip on the Tyrolean traverse.
- Grading: Easy, suitable for beginner or initiation into the sport
Climb Mount Kinabalu via Ferrata - Low's Peak Circuit Activity.
- Highlights include: Possibly one of the world’s highest suspension bridge at ~3,600m a.s.l. Maybe one of the world’s highest Nepalese bridge at 3,580m a.s.l. Connects to Walk the Torq route, so that you don’t miss anything.
- Grading: Fairly hard or physically demanding, suitable for those with above average fitness and above and no fear of heights.
Trip Itinerary - 3D2N Climb Mt Kinabalu via Ferrata - Walk the Torq / Low's Peak Circuit
The outline itinerary below is based upon booking the optional return transfers from Kota Kinabalu with the 3D2N Climb Mt Kinabalu via Ferrata package.
06:30hrs: Pick up from your city hotel and depart Kota Kinabalu. The journey will take approximately 2 hours passing by villages and paddy fields along the Crocker Mountain Range. A brief stop at Nabalu Market for an opportunity to buy local handicrafts and local fruits. Arrive at Kinabalu Park Headquarters. Overnight at Kinabalu Park’s Rock or Grace Hostel.
Day 2 (Meals: B, PL & D)
08:00hrs: Pre-check in at Via Ferrata office and meet with your licensed mountain guide. The real adventure begins as you proceed to the Power Station / Timpohon Gate by coach for the start of your 2 day climb of Mount Kinabalu. Depending on individual fitness level, the trekking takes about 5-7 hours.
~13:00 - 15:00hrs (depends on your trekking pace): Upon arrival at the Pendant Hut (latest by 3:00pm), which is situated at an altitude of 3,289m, you will meet your Mountain Torq Trainer for a mandatory Via Ferrata familiarization (~3:30pm). Dinner at Laban Rata Restaurant. Overnight stay at Pendant Hut.
Day 3 (Meals: B)
02:00hrs: Wake up for supper before continuing your ascent towards Low’s Peak summit.
Take your headlight / torch as it will be dark during your ascent. The climb takes about three hours but you will be well rewarded with a breath-taking view of the sunrise along the horizon (weather permitting).
Meet Mountain Torq’s Trainer at Sayat Sayat Hut (07:15hrs) for the Walk the Torq activity or at 7.5km mark (06:30hrs) for Low’s Peak Circuit activity. The Walk the Torq activity will take 2 to 3 hours while the Low’s Peak Circuit will take 4 to 5 hours to complete.
Return to Pendant Hut for a well earned breakfast, check out and continue descent to Timpohon Gate, which will takes about 4 to 5 hours. On arrival, transfer to Park Headquarters to collect your Certificate of Achievement and transfer back to Kota Kinabalu.
Depart for Kota Kinabalu city / hotel.
- You need to be between 10 years - 70 years old and > 1.3m to participate in Climbing Mount Kinabalu.
- The 'via Ferrata' trips involve going across some 'rope bridges' near the summit - so it's not for those scared of heights.
- All of the Mount Kinabalu trips are physically demanding - it is recommended you see your Doctor before you come on holiday to check you are healthy to complete the Mount Kinabalu Climb.
- All tours are subject to weather conditions and may be amended for safety reasons.
01 night basic accommodation at Kinabalu Park’s Rock or Grace Hostel, 01 night Basic accommodation at Pendant Hut dormitory (sleep in a shared, unheated dormitory), meals as stated above, conservation fee, Climbing Permit, insurance, Mountain Guide (who is registered under the jurisdiction of Sabah Parks Authority is compulsory for all mountain trekkers / climber. Please note that the majority of the Sabah Parks Mountain Guides can only converse in Basic English.), Via Ferrata activity (Walk the Torq or Low's Peak Circuit), Via Ferrata Certificate (for successful participant only), Via Ferrata trainer and technical equipment.
Porters (on request at surcharge) – for carrying your rucksack, personal expenditure, drinks, travel insurance, meals not specified, private rooms or heated dorm are available at a surcharge (subject to availability). A Licensed English Speaking Guide is available on request at a surcharge. The new Tourism Tax which is currently set with a flat rate of RM 10 per per bed/room/lodge per night and will be charged to Non-Malaysian or Foreign tourists from 1st September 2017. You will pay this tax on check in at Pendent Hut.
Recommended Packing List For The Trip
- First on the list: An adventurous spirit!
- Clothes: raincoat or waterproof jacket, warm clothing like fleece jacket, hiking pants, change of clothes for sleeping.
- Protective Gear: Cap / beanie / head scarf (to keep warm at night and in the early morning), gloves, sunglasses, sun block and SPF lip balm, rain cover for your backpack, comfortable covered trail / hiking shoes. To be comfortable and safe during our climb Mount Kinabalu activity you are recommended to wear shoes (with a good grip) such as the following:- Hiking Boots, Walking Shoes, Trekking Shoes, Sneakers / Running shoes with laces.
- Useful & Practical Extras: small / lightweight towel, personal toiletries, refillable water bottle, torchlight (preferably a head torch), camera, energy snacks such as chocolate, nuts, biscuits, sweets or energy bars,a small backpack to contain your things.
Notes - 3D2N Climb Mt Kinabalu via Ferrata - Walk the Torq / Low's Peak Circuit
- The trip prices are valid for trips from 1st April 2017 up to 31st March 2018. For trips after this date please contact us for a quote.
- You are required to be present at Pendant Hut for the mandatory Via Ferrata briefing session between 3-4 pm. You will not be allowed on the Via Ferrata activity if you miss the briefing session (no refund provided).
- For safety reasons, Mountain Torq (who manage the via Ferrata Activity) will not allow you to participate in the via Ferrata activity if you wear unsuitable footwear (no refund is provided in this situation). The following shoes are unsuitable for the via Ferrata activity - open toe shoes, slippers, slip on sneakers, boots / rain boots, gardening boots.
- For the shared return transfer option you will be on a minibus return transfer which is shared with other Climbers who will be in your group.
- As the descending time is dependant upon individual fitness level, and the trip each climber has booked, it is likely that Climbers will reach Kinabalu Park Headquarters at different times. The return scheduled transfer back to Kota Kinabalu will depart latest at 1700hrs (the cut off time).
- If you arrive after 17:00hrs at Kinabalu Park Headquarters (after the cut off time) you will have to take a Private Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu at an additional fee of RM200 per vehicle. If you arrive early & would like to be transferred back to Kota Kinabalu earlier you will have to take take a Private Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu at an additional fee of RM200 per vehicle.
No posts found