Mount Kinabalu Climb Package via Timpohan Gate (2 Day)
An avid hiker or someone who is just getting comfortable in their new hiking shoes? Join us and convert your monotonous holiday trip to a memorable one by taking it into a whole new level and climb to the summit of Mount Kinabalu. The 2D1N Mount Kinabalu Climb Package via Timpohon Gate is a traditional route chosen by most climbers. During this 2D1N trip you will stay overnight in Panar Laban Hut (unheated dorms). On day 2 wake up early to trek to the summit, Low's Peak. At the summit of Mount Kinabalu - Low's Peak - you will have breath taking views across the Crocker Mountain Range. You have not really experienced Sabah Borneo and all its wonders if you have not climbed Mount Kinabalu Sabah!
The outline itinerary below is based upon booking the optional return transfers from Kota Kinabalu with the 2D1N Climb Mt Kinabalu Package via Timpohan Gate package.
06:30hrs: Pick up from your city hotel and depart Kota Kinabalu. The journey will take approximately 2 hours passing by villages and paddy fields along the Crocker Mountain Range. A brief stop at Nabalu Market for an opportunity to buy local handicrafts and local fruits.
08:00hrs: Upon arrival, you will register at Kinabalu Park's office and meet with your licensed mountain guide. The real adventure begins as you proceed to the Power Station / Timpohon Gate by coach for the start of your 2 day climb of Mount Kinabalu. Depending on individual fitness level, the trekking takes about 5-8 hours.
~13:00 - 16:00hrs (depends on your trekking pace): At 11,000 ft, check into your accommodation. Relax and enjoy the spectacular mountain landscape in the evening. Your dinner will be at Laban Rata Restaurant. Overnight at assigned Mountain Hut for the early morning ascent.
02:00hrs: Wake up for supper before continuing your ascent towards Low's Peak summit.
Take your headlight / torch as it will be dark during your ascent. The climb takes about three hours but you will be well rewarded with a breath-taking view of the sunrise along the horizon (weather permitting).
Descend back to Laban Rata Restaurant for breakfast before check-out. After check out you will trek down to the Timpohon Gate. You will return to the Park Headquarters to collect your certificate. Enjoy a nice lunch at a restaurant within Kinabalu Park National Park.
Depart for Kota Kinabalu city / hotel.
- You need to be between 10 years - 70 years old and > 1.3m to participate in Climbing Mount Kinabalu.
- All of the Mount Kinabalu trips are physically demanding - it is recommended you see your Doctor before you come on holiday to check you are healthy to complete the Mount Kinabalu Climb.
- It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommended that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart Disease, Severe Anaemia, Peptic Ulcers, Epileptic Fits, Obesity (Overweight), Chronic Asthma, Muscular Cramps, Hepatitis (Jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climber.
All tours are subject to weather conditions and may be amended without notice for safety reasons.
01 night Basic accommodation at Laban Rata's mountain huts or similar dormitory (sleep in a shared, unheated dormitory), meals as stated above, conservation fee, Climbing Permit, insurance and certificate, Mountain Guide (who is registered under the jurisdiction of Sabah Parks Authority is compulsory for all mountain trekkers / climber. Please note that the majority of the Sabah Parks Mountain Guides can only converse in Basic English.)
Porters (on request at surcharge) – for carrying your rucksack, personal expenditure, drinks, travel insurance, meals not specified, private rooms are available on request at a surcharge (subject to availability). A Licensed English Speaking Guide is available on request at a surcharge.
Recommended Packing List For The Trip
- First on the list: An adventurous spirit!
- Clothes: raincoat or waterproof jacket, warm clothing like fleece jacket, hiking pants, change of clothes for sleeping.
Protective Gear: Cap / beanie / head scarf (to keep warm at night and in the early morning), gloves, sunglasses, sun block and SPF lip balm, rain cover for your backpack, comfortable covered trail / hiking shoes. To be comfortable and safe during our climb Mount Kinabalu activity you are recommended to wear shoes (with a good grip) such as the following:- Hiking Boots, Walking Shoes, Trekking Shoes, Sneakers / Running shoes with laces.
- Useful & Practical Extras: small / lightweight towel, personal toiletries, refillable water bottle, torchlight (preferably a head torch), camera, energy snacks such as chocolate, nuts, biscuits, sweets or energy bars,a small backpack to contain your things.
The trip prices are valid for trips up to 31st December 2017.
For the shared return transfer option you are booking seat(s) on a minibus return transfer which is shared with other Climbers who will be in your group. Please note the following for your return shared transfer:-
- As the descending time is dependant upon individual fitness level, and the trip each climber has booked, it is likely that Climbers on the shared transfer will reach Kinabalu Park Headquarters at different times. The return scheduled transfer back to Kota Kinabalu will depart latest at 1700hrs (the cut off time).
- If you arrive after 17:00hrs at Kinabalu Park Headquarters (after the cut off time) you will have to take a Private Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu at an additional fee of RM200 per vehicle. If you arrive early & would like to be transferred back to Kota Kinabalu earlier you will have to take take a Private Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu at an additional fee of RM200 per vehicle.
This 2D1N Climb Mount Kinabalu Package via Timpohan Gate can only be booked within 30 days of the trip date.
Ready for this? Book 2D1N Climb Mount Kinabalu via Timpohan Gate Today!
No posts found