PADI Open Water Diver Course in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah with Borneo Dream
The world's most famous Scuba Diving Course!
Thinking learning to dive during your holiday in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah? Then choose the PADI Open Water Diver Course with Borneo Dream. The PADI Open Water (OW) Diver course is available to those aged 15 years and above. If you are between 10 - 14 years then you can complete the PADI Junior Open Water Diver course instead.
Take your first step in learning to dive in the tropical waters of Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park, Kota Kinabalu - we can not think of a better place for you to learn to dive!
Your PADI Open Water Diver course with Borneo Dream in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah takes 3.5 days to complete (0.5 days for the required pre-study, 3 days on our boat diving). During your PADI Open Water Diver course you will complete the following:
- Completing five (5) multiple choice quizzes and a final exam.
- Five (5) confined water skill sessions. During these you learn a range of scuba diving skills.
- Some small water stamina tests - a 10 minute float in water to deep to stand up in and a 200m 'free style' swim. There is no time limit for the swim test.
- Finally, four (4) ocean dives to a maximum of 18m. Go diving along pretty reefs and see a wide variety of marine life (including Nemo!). You'll also practice some of the diving skills you learned during the skill sessions.
For your PADI Open Water Diver course you need to complete the study phases before you start the pool / ocean sessions. If you are interested in completing the study phase prior to reaching Kota Kinabalu, Sabah then choose the PADI Open Water Diver referral option or PADI e-Learning - with these options you can just focus on just enjoying the diving whilst on holiday!
At Borneo Dream we focus on delivering high quality, safe and fun scuba diving experiences - when completing the PADI Open Water Diver Course with the Dream Team you can expect the best diving experience in Kota Kinabalu:
- Enjoy boat transfers on our spacious, well equipped catamaran (Borneo Dream 3) - the nicest diving day boat in KK.
- We have small ratios of students / divers per PADI Dive Professional (providing highly personalised attention and service).
- We only use qualified, 'teaching status' friendly Dive Professionals and qualified offshore Skippers.
- We only use new, fully functioning, high quality dive gear
- And you get a towel, unlimited tea, coffee, hot chocolate, water, fresh water shower, sun deck for chilling out between dives, sun tan lotion and lots of fun - and this is without leaving the boat!
- We can provide PADI course instruction in English, Mandarin or Berhasa Malay
There are some pre requisites for the PADI Open Water Diver course (certified to 18m):
- You need to be 15 years or older.
- To become a scuba diver, you need to be comfortable in the water (too deep to stand up in) and have basic swimming skills.
- You should also be in good overall general health to dive, particularly your respiratory and circulatory system. You will be asked to self-certify you are healthy to dive before starting a course or entering the water.
- You need to have completed the required pre-study before you start the PADI Open Water course.
- And you need to complete the required PADI forms - these can be downloaded from our Downloads page on the Home Menu.
We can also offer the PADI Junior Open Water Diver course for children aged between 10 - 14 years old. Just contact the Borneo Dream team for more information about our PADI Junior Open Water Diver course, or if you'd like your family to learn to dive together.
Check out the itinerary for our PADI Open Water Diver Course in Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park. This covers the typical itinerary, inclusions / exclusions and what to bring with you to get the most from your PADI course.
So what are you waiting for? Learning to scuba dive, through the PADI Open Water Diver course has never been so enticing! Contact the Borneo Dream team to book your PADI Open Water Diver course for when you next visit Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Borneo, Malaysia.